Pathetic. The amount of books I read in 2015 certainly reflected my mental state which was pretty abysmal.
I started the year with the aim of reading 40. I read 8.
My Kindle broke over the summer so that did bring things to an even greater halt. But, something amazing did happen over the Christmas weekend: My parents told me that as a Christmas/Birthday gift, they’d bought me a new one. (On a scale of 1-10, my parents come in at a ’12’.)
Hopefully this means that I can get my reading numbers back up this year. (Don’t I say that every January?)
I’m already undertaking the ‘Reading My Own Damn Books’ Challenge which is going to last until the 19th of March. After that, I’ll probably end up on a book spending spree so here’s hoping I’ll actually read them instead of having them just sit there.
Anyway, here is my measly list …
1) Bossypants by Tina Fey
2) Instamatic Karma: Photographs of John Lennon by May Pang
3) The Kid by Sapphire
4) Nowhere But Up by Pattie Mallette
5) Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
6) Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg
7) Freak Show by James St. James
8) Elvis and Me by Priscilla Beaulieu Presley
Books I Tried & Abandoned:
1) The Shaman in Stilettos by Anna Hunt
+ Freak Show by James St. James
+ Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham